Tuesday 16 November 2010

Why is Tuesday release day in the US?

I've never quite understood why albums are released in the US on Tuesdays when we can buy them in the UK the day before (and, given the time difference, five hours earlier than that). I assume it has to do with public holidays or deliveries or something. But it still doesn't quite make sense given the drama surrounding new releases.

The reason the issue is currently on mind is the new Darkness on the Edge of Town box set which hit the UK's streets today, but which comes out in the US tomorrow (well, later today really by the time this goes up).

I have, for once, decided to be sensible and wait before wallowing in a six-disc Bruce-a-thon. Rather than laying out £80 myself and then having to think of things to suggest for friends and family to give me at Christmas, I've decided to save myself and wait six weeks. I'm sure it'll be worth it, but would like to send my apologies for my sensibleness to anyone wishing they were in English shoes and able to see it all a day earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment